Flexible Polyurethane Clear Coatings for Exterior Applications
This product series is very versatile in that it will work with several of our other product lines. It is a two-component aliphatic urethane coating offering resistance to corrosion, abrasion, chemicals, and impact and rated with the highest of commercially available coatings. This product can be applied by spraying with conventional airless or electrostatic applicators or maybe brushed on to achieve an excellent gloss and color retention for exterior surfaces. These coatings have been very successful over a urethane base coat in water parks, on aircraft, railroad cars, ships, storage tanks, metal bridges, piping, and structural steel, and on wood, concrete, and some plastics, including vinyl. The finish is flexible with the use of plasticizers, so it is not subject to becoming brittle with age. The Topcoat CRX is specifically designed for environments requiring resistance to high acid and alkali conditions. TopCoat maybe used with the Fluorescent Pigments
These products feature:
- Excellent resistance to corrosion, abrasion, chemicals and impact
- Long term protection
- Low viscosity
- Color Retention
- Water Parks
- Railroad cars, ships, storage tanks
- Metal bridges, piping, and structural steel,
- Wood, concrete, and some plastics, including vinyl
Aliphatic Polyurethane Clear Coating
TopCoat is an aliphatic two-component polyurethane clear coat that is formulated for exterior applications over flexible polyurethane or polyurea substrates. In addition, TopCoat has excellent long-term gloss and color retention. TopCoat may be used in combination with a high build for exterior or interior industrial maintenance and product finishing where corrosion resistance and excellent long-term protection are important. The flexibility of TopCoat is inherent in the basic polymer and not achieved by the use of plasticizers; therefore, the coatings are not subject to cracking with age.
- Environmental Resistance: provides excellent resistance to corrosion, abrasion, chemicals and impact.
- Versatility: TopCoat may be also be used on various metal substrates, wood, plastics, and concrete.
- Application Ease: applied via conventional air assist or airless spray or brush.
- Hardness range from 55 – 75 Shore A
- Formulated for exterior applications over flexible polyurethane or polyurea substrates
- High build for exterior or interior industrial maintenance and product finishing where corrosion resistance and excellent long-term protection are important
- Works with several of our other product lines
- Helps extend the UV stability of the urethane
- Extends the color quality
High-Performance Urethane Elastomeric Coating
TopCoat CRX is a high-performance urethane elastomeric coating, specifically designed for environments that require resistance to high acid and alkali conditions. When fully cured, TopCoat CRX forms an extremely tough, abrasive resistant rubber coating, especially well-suited for applications requiring protection from impact, abrasion, or corrosion on metal, wood or concrete surfaces. TopCoat CRX surfaces provide an excellent non-slip surface in both wet and dry environment.
TopCoat CRX has been successful at temperatures up to 180˚F. Under wet or humid conditions at elevated temperatures TopCoat CRX is superior to most other urethanes. TopCoat CRX still remains flexible at temperatures as low as -27˚F ASTM D 746.
TopCoat CRX has excellent chemical resistance. Resistance to most water Acid and Alkali at room temperature is excellent, but resistance to organic solvents is generally poor. The Technical Data Sheet gives an indication of resistance to some chemicals; however, users should conduct their own tests.
- Extremely tough, abrasive resistant rubber coating
- Easy application: using a pressure pot and Binks 2001 spray gun.
- TopCoat CRX does not require a humidity-controlled environment for the application.
- U.V. stable – can be applied in almost any color (except white).
- Specifically designed for environments that require resistance to high acid and alkali conditions
- Protection from impact, abrasion, or corrosion on metal, wood or concrete surfaces.
- Excellent non-slip surface in both wet and dry environment