Waterproofing Electrical Components
Gel-Cast polymers are a family polyurethanes that can produce clear polymers that range in consistency from soft elastomeric rubbers to extremely soft gels with high tack to provide for continuous surface coupling and waterproofing of electrical components.
Product Uses and features:
- Rapid to very slow set times to enable speed for production parts or filling large volume “bubble” free
- Convenient mix ratios by volume for machine or cartridge dispensing.
- Low viscosity of liquid components for easy mixing
- Room Temperature Cured ( RTV)
- UV Stable for outdoor applications where direct sunlight is continuous
- Maintains crystal clear appearance at temperatures from -40 F to 140 F
- Extremely hydrophobic for long term immersion in salt or fresh water applications.
- Absorption of force from sudden impact to load distribution from continuous loading i.e. gel pads of filled parts.
- Self-healing to provide for re-entering potted electrical components for repairs and continuous waterproofing.
- Extremely Hydrophobic
- Rapid Set
- Low Viscosity
- Low Durometer
- High Tack
- Resealable transparent gel sealant
- Waterproofing electrical components
- Encapsulating acoustical couplings